So, there I was pregnant, anxiously trying to find the perfect name. I have always known I wanted my children to have uncommon names, but how uncommon? how unusual? should the spelling make sense or be creative? Would *My Baby's Daddy* like it? Since high school I would "fall in love" with a name but within a year or two, that name would be popular and every new baby girl or boy would have that name. So, how would I know that wouldn't happen again.... Throughout my whole pregnancy, I would send lists after lists of names to *My Baby's Daddy*: just first names, names that would be good middle names, first and middle name combinations... Well, it wasn't the whole pregnancy I obsessed over names because when we found out we were having a girl.... my creativity stopped and I stumbled across THAT name. I had seen it before and said it before but this time it was spelt differently and I was in love... About 20 weeks later *Layna Elizabeth* was born.
Layna isn't super creative but it is uncommon. But the thing that was creative were the names I had brainstorm and thought out to get to Layna. (It is ironic, however, because my spanish name in middle school and high school was Elena (A-Lai-Na)... isn't it ironic?)
After the whole name thing. Layna was born and photography became my new hobby and my camera became my new best friend besides Layna. I loved taking photos of her ! And then I wanted them to look my artistic, so I needed clothes or something to make babies cute and girly and delicate.... tutus. I have made Layna tutus for specific photos and outfits, and now since it is summer... it is time to make summer dresses !
Enjoy this blog and my homemade stuff for Layna. After apparel who knows what is next ! Whatever Layna needs and what I can make !
No comments:
Post a Comment