I have moved on from apparel and decided to make Layna a quilt ! I started a week or two ago and I already have the top center piece completed, which means the tedious and time-consuming part is done. I took my time, and worked on it one step at a time.
The quilt is a beautiful combination of pink and green fabrics that include flowers, polka dots, and stripes. I wanted to do something bright and girly, and use the bright pastel fabric and purple fabric I used for some of Layna's tops. However, I came across this shabby chic fabric: tiny roses and stripes, which I based my color and fabric choices off of. The pinks and greens are perfectly girly and not overwhelmingly colorful.
I did take photos of each phase of the quilt:
 |
| the fabrics have been picked ! |
 |
| I had to cut 72 of these little squares and then sew them together in 3x3 squares |
 |
| ..and then cut those 3x3 squares into quarters. |
 |
| sew the squares together with short sashings to make columns... |
 |
| and then sew the columns together to make the top center piece ! |
Almost down with the top....
No comments:
Post a Comment