Here is our first two-day painting. When we started the painting we had the yellow ceiling lights on. However, on the second day, we had them off, which made a drastic change in shadows, warms and cools, and the overall painting. This painting could definitely be worked on a little more. Looking at it now, I would sharpen some of the edge just to make the objct a little more distinct and seperate from the background; particularily, the blue cylinder could be brighter, and maybe the green can be sharpened. Also, I would add a little more wrinkled detail in the gold fabric in the background. There are hints of reds and green on the table being reflected off the objects. The change in lighting definitely made it challenging for me to complete the painting on the second day because I had to go back and change some details and colors.
Inaddition, this painting was done with the full palette, not the limited palette of just burnt sienna, yellow ochre, and ultramarine blue.
painted cmpleted on October 1, 2012. Intro to Painting: Still Life. Fall 2012. UMD.

No comments:
Post a Comment